Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

We Tryed a Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipe

My husband and I tried out a homemade recipe for laundry detergent. We had a lot of fun making it together, and it came out very well. The laundry detergent cost us 5 cents a load and it works awesome. It's only 3 ingredients. 1 bar soap (we used ivory), 1 cup washing soda, and 1 cup borax. Not only is it easy to make, and cheaper, I also have a piece of mind knowing what's in my laundry detergent. I got the recipe from www.diynatural.com/homemade-laundry-detergent-soap/ . The recipe is awesome, and even got to pee out of my daughters sheets, blankets, and mattress cover. We put the detergent in an old gain box. The first batch we put a yogurt container , as they suggested.
The recipe goes as:
Use a cheese grater and grate an entire 4 ounce bar of soap.
Add 1 cup of washing soda.
Add 1 cup of borax.
Mixed together for 7 minutes, they said 5 but I found 7 was better for us.. And that's it you're done.
I also add 1 half cup of white vinegar to my fabric softener dispenser ( vinegar is a natural fabric softener)
I would really suggest visiting there site they have a lot of tips and a picture guide on making it step by step.

No comments:

Post a Comment